Ninjas in Pyjamas are in the semifinals of ESL One Katowice after defeating Team SoloMid 2-1.
And Christopher ”GeT_RiGhT” Alesund managed a crucial clutch when left alone with three opponents on Dust2 – thanks to the new AWP:er Aleksi ”Allu” Jallis call.
– I heard Allu silently saying ”you can haxx there”, so I shot with one second left and got him, Alesund tells Aftonbladet Esport.
In a BO3 against Danish squad that went down to the wire, Christopher ”GeT_RiGhT” Alesund was the brightest shining star in the deciding match on nuke with a 32-16 score. But his perhaps most outstanding moment in the whole game was on first map Dust2 where he got left alone with three Team SoloMid players.
– At the start they discovered me in the back so they knew where I was. I ran through a smoke and got one guy with ten seconds left. I pick up the flash and gets a call that they’re both in slope so I fake that I’m close to the site, because I know I would’ve lost the round easily if I had been there, so instead I jump down. When I jump again I see one of their guys running away and then I get the first guy easily because he’s injured.
”Thanks to Allu we got 11 rounds”
With only seconds left on the clock, he pulls out the AWP and goes looking for Rene ”cajunb” Borg.
– I get the AWP out and then I hear Allu say real quiet: ”you can haxx there”. So I shoot with one second left and I get him.
Would you have thought about wallbanging otherwise?
– No, I was going to at first but then my mind got blocked because he peeked and showed his leg since he wanted me to take a bad shot. But me and Allu have been talking a lot about how you forget a lot of things in pressured situations and that we can give each other small pointers. So thanks to Allu we got 11 rounds atleast.
”Lucked out a bit with the ’rekt9’”
After losing Inferno NiP could then secure the victory on Nuke where they won 16-12 but only claimed 9 rounds on the CT side. Despite the seemingly weak halftime result they were never worried.
– We were pretty pleased with nine rounds. We’ve always been a team that has good T-sides on Nuke and we’ve been playing great as T’s at home so we weren’t surprised that we managed to come back even though we lost the pistol round we should’ve won. But I lucked out a bit with the ”rekt9” as we like to call it in the following round.
What are your thoughts on facing EnVyUs now?
– It’s gonna be a really close game but I feel that they don’t want to face us because they know we’ve been in the finals of every major so they would rather be on the other side of the bracket. Even if they’ve won against us several times I think they feel more nervous and it’s gonna take a lot to stop us after winning these games.