Picture from HLTV.org.
The second day of IEM at Gamescom is drawing to a close and Team EnVyUs have yet to lose a map.
One huge contributing factor is the newly acquired AWP:er from Titan: Kenny ”kennyS” Schrub.
– The communication in the team is good, we just have to adjust certain details in the team that we might call differently, the superstar tells Aftonbladet Esport.
Only two weeks remain before the second major of the year kicks off. With 16 of the best teams in the world travelling to Cologne, one team garners probably the most interest ahead of the tournament.
During the summer, the French CS:GO-scene have once again been going through a reshuffle of the lineups. Fans not living under a rock have seen Kenny ”kennyS” Schrub and Dan ”apex” Madesclaire move to Team EnvyUs and Richard ”shox” Papillon as well as Edouard ’SmithZz’ Dubourdeaux go the other direction and join Titan.
”My motivation has increased”
With the new lineup, and especially boasting to have one of the most acclaimed AWP:ers in the business, Team EnvyUs have the eyes of the world on them – and the high hopes of their fans.
– Since I joined Team EnvyUs my motivation has increased. We have had a lot of good results in practice and we are here now for this tournament, kennyS tells Aftonbladet Esport and continues:
– Obviously this is our first event together and we are trying out different stuff here. The major is our main objective but we still really want to win this one.
”NBK, Kio and Happy are so used to winning”
The new lineup have had two weeks of never ending practice. Nathan ”NBK” Schmitt told Aftonbladet Esport on Wednesday that the new squad have yet to take some time off from the game. And at the time of writing, the practice sessions seems to have payed off as the team still hasn’t lost a match at Gamescom.
What are the biggest differences between the teams?
– NBK, Kioshima and Happy are so used to winning now, so they have a different mentality I would say. They are better in regards to their individual skill so it feels good to know that if I don’t reach 30 kills we can still win the game and I can get carried by my teammates.
”If we go through groups anything can happen”
Kenny is really adamant that he has huge respect for Titan and his former teammates, but he still says that if either he or apex don’t perform on their highest level, with Team EnvyUs they still stand a good chance even against the best teams.
– For the major I really want to reach the playoffs first of all. The group stages are really tough, but if we can go through that part anything can happen.