For the third time in a row, Team EnvyUs has stopped Na’vi in a major tournament.
Now they are set to play the semi final of ESL One Cologne, and according to Kenny ”KennyS” Schrub they are ready to battle anyone.
– In any situation we can face a big opponent, the star tells Aftonbladet Esport.
Team EnvyUs have proved to be in great shape, taking the number one spot of their group, and beating Na’vi to secure a spot in the semi finals. The french team recently went through changes, adding superstar Kenny ”KennyS” Schrub and Dan ”Apex” Madesclaire. Because of the recent trade, many people had doubts about them, but according to KennyS the move has so far been a positive.
– We’re feeling really good actually. Like, it’s a new team and we all had a huge motivation boost, especially me, and it’s really good for me and the team. I think Apex and I fit with the team, the superstar tells Aftonbladet Esport.
The motivation boost he got when joining EnvyUs, was the same kind of boost he lacked when playing under the leadership of Kévin ”Ex6TenZ” Droolans in Titan. A couple of weeks ago KennyS and Apex left Titan in a trade that saw Richard ”Shox” Papillon and Edouard ”SmithZz” Dubourdeaux leave EnvyUs and replace them. A trade that according to KennyS has benefited both teams.
– I stopped to play with Titan because I was very demotivated. For Titan this was also a good switch, because they needed a motivation boost as well, so both parties win I think.
”We want to reach the final”
Earlier on Saturday, Team EnvyUs faced off against Na’vi in the quarter finals. Having beaten them at Dreamhack Winter 2014 and ESL One Katowice 2015 they managed to, for the third time in a row, send the Ukrainian team packing from a major tournament. Now they are through to the semi finals, where they will battle the winners between Team Kinguin and Team Solomid.
– I would want to face Kinguin because I feel they are not as good as TSM, KennyS says and continues:
– But I’m pretty sure we can face TSM, so it doesn’t matter actually. In any situation we can face a big opponent.
Continuing in the major, Team EnvyUs are setting up milestones to reach their main goal, a mental strategy that other teams, such as Kinguin, have also embraced. All of this to finally reach the last and most prestigefull milestone of them all: Winning the ESL One Cologne title.
– Our first achievement was to go through the group stage, which we did it. And then we wanted semifinal, so we are in the semifinal. Now we want to reach the final, KennyS says, and regardless of the outcome, he still feels that they have proven themselves.
– I think we showed many people that we are a very good team that can do something big, the star says.