Maikelele about Kinguin’s future: ”It’s going to take a while”av
The star studded Kinguin lineup was one of the most hyped pickup on the CS:GO scene in a long time.
But so far their results have been shaky and even though they’re now qualified for the DreamHack Open tournament, Mikail ”Maikelele” Bill still thinks the team has a way to go before they can start competing with the very best.
– All teams have a rough time in the beginning, and if they don’t it’s going to come later on, he tells Aftonbladet Esport.
On Saturday a whole day of gaming passed and the international CS:GO-squad Kinguin became the second team to qualify to Dreamhack Open via the BYOC-qualifier. The deciding match against Norwegian AGENT was mastered with relative ease and after two quick maps Kinguin was crowned winners. A tired Mikail ”Maikelele” Bill then met up with Aftonbladet Esport.
– You’re always a bit frightened when it’s a best of one, he says and continues:
– We came here with the mindset that we really would get through the BYOC, so we have played seriously from the start.
The uphill is not over
The star studded Kinguin-squad was hyped and predicted to compete with the very best in the world, but so far they have delivered some shaky results. Maikelele says it’s natural and that especially international teams normally have an unstable period in the beginning.
– You have to get through it if you want to become a good team. We are and we are doing it together, he says.
– It’s probably going to take a bit more time than it usually takes, but it’s coming I think. I really feel that we have the capacity.
Chance to prove themselves
The second group of the Dreamhack CS:GO-tournament starts on Sunday and there Kinguin will face off against Na’Vi. There they will get a chance to prove that they belong at the top of the CS:GO-pyramid and to anyone that doubts them Maikelele sends a message:
– All teams have it rough in the beginning, and if they don’t it’s going to come later on. Just look at NiP, they were incredibly good in the start but now they have it tougher.
And he says he takes all the comments about the team’s performance in social media and on forums lightly.
– I read everything people write about us, but I’ve never cared about stuff like that.
Resultat från de avgörande BYOC-matcherna
Kinguin – AGENT 2-0 (16-5 / 16-9)
Dignitas – Exertus 2-0 (16-6 / 16-6)