Maikel ”Maikelele” Bill had to leave his previous squad Unwanted, when his attitude became a problem for the team.
But after joining Ninjas in Pyjamas, his new coach and former teammate wants to dismiss the rumors about Robin ”Fifflaren” Johanssons replacement being a negative influence on his teams.
– He had plans on becoming a better player and the others in Unwanted didn’t pull in the same direction so he was a bit harsh against them. But I know he isn’t hard to work with since we’ve played together and he was on the top of my list of players, says Faruk Pita.
After the defeat at ESWC, Robin ”Fifflaren” Johansson chose to leave Ninjas in Pyjamas and the professional CS:GO scene behind him. The replacement Maikel ”Maikelele” Bill is generally considered one of the absolute top Swedish players but is also surrounded by rumors about his attitude and problems working with teammates. Rumors the NiP coach Faruk Pita, who played with Bill in SK Gaming, now wants to dismiss.
– He had plans on becoming a better player and the others in Unwanted didn’t pull in the same direction so he was a bit harsh against them. But I know he isn’t hard to work with since we’ve played together and he was on the top of my list of available players, he tells Aftonbladet Esport.
”He met all our expectations”
What kind of qualities have you looked for when it came to the replacement?
– There are various factors. How the player works in a team and what kind of playing style he has. Maikelele met all our expectations and everyone in the team thought he was a good choice. There were no doubts.
How did you react after Fifflaren’s decision to leave?
– I never wanted anyone to leave. But when they’ve played for such a long time and tried everything they can, and then bring me on and I try everything I can, then the team needs a fresh start. It was really the last resort and Fifflaren was strong enough to make the decision. He wanted what’s best for the team.
”Sure we’re gonna win DreamHack Winter”
Now the team will work day and night to arrive at DreamHack Winter in the best shape possible. And with them they’ll have a played who Pita claims will be among the very best in the world.
– The others want him to adapt to the team as fast as possible. He will be one of the best players in the world because he has all the requirements and the other four players want him to be as good as possible, so they’re all pulling in the same direction. They’ve started playing online and have been doing good so I’m very positive. I really believe in this team and I’m sure we’re gonna win DreamHack Winter.
Isn’t that adding a lot of pressure on a team with a newly added player?
– No, I’m not pressuring them. I trust them. They’re gonna do really well. And if things go to hell then it’s no big deal when they’ve only played together for three weeks. But I’m confident in their ability and I’m sure this team will be great.