Following a disappointing exit at MLG Columbus, Mikail ”Maikelele” Bill announced he would no longer be playing for FaZe Clan.
Now Håvard ”rain” Nygaard elaborates on the events triggering the roster change.
– We spoke in the team and decided Maikel had to go this time, the Norwegian star tells Aftonbladet Esport.
As the community are well aware, Swedish Mikail ”Maikelele” Bill were let go from FaZe Clans CS:GO roster. The star himself revealed the news via Twitter after dropping out in the groupstage at MLG Columbus.
Maikelele however, is far from the first player to part ways with the team. Throughout their active year many have come and gone: Alexander ”SKYTTEN” Carlsson, Adil ”ScreaM” Benrlitom, Dennis ”dennis” Edman and now Maikelele. They’ve also had a number of different coaches. Only Ricardo ”fox” Pacheco and Norwegian Håvard ”rain” Nygaard are left standing from the original roster.
Aftonbladet Esport met up with the Norwegian star for a quick chat about the squad, now featuring the former Team EnvyUs player Fabien ”Kioshima” Fiey. Rain describes the situation as ”rough”, as they only had one single day to practice with their new member ahead of the on-going Dreamhack Masters tourney.
– Kioshima have never played in a english speaking team before, so it’s quite different to re-learn all names from French to English.
Why did you pick Kioshima?
– We needed a true team player, someone who really wants to win and do everything for his team.
So is that something Maikelele was missing?
– No, however we had a few fights in the team and a slightly bad atmosphere.
Rain doesn’t want to elaborate on the subject. However, he explains that after their recent bad results a player change became the last option.
– We’ve gone out in groups four events in a row. So we needed a change. We spoke in the team and decided Maikel had to go this time.
Rough times in Malmö
FaZe almost secured a victory over Team EnvyUs at Dreamhack Masters in Malmö – despite their short time together. They eventually lost by 16-12. The biggest setback however, was their coach not attending.
As Aftonbladet Esport revealed on Tuesday, Robert ”RobbaN” Dahlström likely won’t attend the event at all, as his first child is set to enter the world any day now.
– It’s tough without him, he runs everything in-game, Rain says and continues:
– He runs all our setups, how we play as CT and as T. So without him we pretty much don’t have a plan, the Norwegian star says.