Shortly after french star Adil ”Scream” Benrlitom left Gamers2, a rumor started spreading that three of his former colleagues were set to join NiP.
NiP CEO Per Lilliefelth denied it, but Scream seems to think the rumors are not entirely wrong.
– I think NiP will change, he tells Aftonbladet Esport.
Gamers2, formerly known as Kinguin, seemed to be an up-and-coming star team with the potential to reach the greats. At the major tournament ESL One Cologne they made it to the quarter finals, securing a spot at the next major. However, last weekend at Dreamhack London something had changed.
– It was pretty weird because things happened before and the atmosphere was really bad. We didn’t act like a team during the event. We’re friends outside now, but we didn’t act like a team and in-game it was also bad. We couldn’t win there, it was impossible, Adil ”ScreaM” Benrlitom tells Aftonbladet Esport.
Can you elaborate on the issues?
– Not really, then I would have to say it. We’re still friends, I still like them. I don’t hate them. But the chemistry and the fact that they are three Swedish guys and we only spoke english with Fox. They talked a lot of Swedish and it wasn’t that good.
Were you and Ricardo ”fox” Pacheco left outside a bit?
– Yeah, we didn’t act like a team. We didn’t spend time together, it was more like groups. It didn’t really feel good.
”It feels weird”
After the event the Belgian star left his colleagues in Gamers2. Instead he joined forces with his old teammates in Titan, where he replaced Mathieu ”Maniac” Quiquerez.
– It feels weird, but it feels better. It feels weird because last week I was in my team, now I’m in another team. I think its going to be better like this.
– I always liked to play with Richard ”shox” Papillon, Kevin ”Ex6TenZ” Droolans and Edouard ”SmithZz” Debourdeaux. I have never played with Cédric ”RpK” Guipouy but I think he’s a good guy. We were always good together and had team spirit with good atmosphere in-game and outside of the game.
Do you feel bad for Maniac?
– Of course I feel bad for him, because he’s my friend and I think he’s a good player and a good guy. I obviously feel bad, but I think he will find a good team, he just didn’t fit with this team because of the roles.
”I think NiP will change”
After ScreaM left Gamers2 and joined Titan, the Swedish news site Fragbite.se reported that the Scandinavian trio from Gamers2 – Mikail ”Maikelele” Bill, Dennis ”dennis” Edman and Håvard ”Rain” Nygaard – were set to join Ninjas in Pyjamas. The rumors were denied by NiP:s CEO, Per Lilliefelth, but ScreaM seems to think they are not completely wrong.
– I think it will happen one day. I don’t know when, maybe one day soon, maybe after the major. I think something will happen. A shuffle in the Swedish scene, it will happen.
– I don’t know because there are so many rumors. But I think NiP will change. Dennis and Rain are really good players and they will probably make a new Swedish team. I don’t know which one, but they will.