Team Kinguin got demolished by Team Solomid in the quarter final of ESL One Cologne, but at least the Kinguins got to play in the arena.
For the first time ever, Adil ”ScreaM” Benrlitom feels like a star.
– I’m not going to lie, this is actually the first time I feel famous, he tells Aftonbladet Esport with a laugh.
Earlier on Saturday, the second quarter final of ESL One Cologne was played between Team Kinguin and Team Solomid. The international stars of Kinguin got utterly demolished, but at the very least they got to play in front of the crowd in Lanxess Arena. For the first time ever, headshot machine Adil ”ScreaM” Benrlitom feels like a star.
– I’m not going to lie, this is actually the first time I feel famous, he tells Aftonbladet Esport with a laugh and continues:
– The other times it was like some pictures, but now I can’t even walk for 10 seconds without someone asking me for a picture.
”We got rekt”
For Team Solomid, ScreaM and his team mates were an easy match. And even though the stars of Kinguin expected heavy opposition, they still had hopes.
– We expected to go through the group stage, to the playoffs, and we did it. So we are really happy about that. But we expected to do some damage to TSM, but we didn’t do that, we got rekt, Scream says.
Against the Danes of TSM, a tough match was expected. But something that on the contrary was rather unexpected was the heavy resistance they received from Australian newcomers, Team Immunity.
– We played totally different from how we usually play, and we had a really bad first half. We lost the pistol as CT as well, and they got a really big advantage. It was very hard to come back from that, but we made it and maybe we underestimated them a little bit. They were a really good team and they played really good.
How did it feel to play on stage?
– That was crazy. I was super happy to come back to the stage, it’s been a long time for me. I didn’t feel any pressure on the other stages I’ve played on. But this one was like, I don’t know, I felt something on the inside. It was a nice feeling.
”You will always have people that hate and critique”
Ricardo ”Fox” Pacheco have been receiving a lot of critique and pressure from the community, does this effect him or the team?
– You will always have people that hate and critique, and stuff like that. We are not going to listen to people because we know his potential. He lacks in his English at the moment, but he will learn and he has big potential. He can only improve, you know.
This is the first event with LEGIJA. How has it been working out with him?
– We have been practicing with him for 2-3 weeks. I think he can bring a lot to the team, because we are all players with a lot of skills, but tactical wise and structural wise, we don’t have it. We like to play aggressively, but when it doesn’t work out we need someone to do something and tell us how to play, and in the future I think it’s gonna be really good.