Team SoloMid have – as always – qualified for the quarterfinals in a major.
And once again they face their nemesis team, Ninjas in Pyjamas, on the big stage.
– I hope we can finally beat them, Andreas ”Xyp9x” Højsleth tells Aftonbladet Esport.
Team Dignitas became Team SoloMid shortly after MLG X-Games. The Danish side have now made it to the playoffs in ESL One Katowice as they always do during majors.
In recent tournaments Andreas ”Xyp9x” Højsleth and the rest in Team SoloMid have lost to a certain Swedish side.
– We have always fallen short to NiP in the playoffs and we have never beaten them on that stage as far as I know. I really want to win over them.
What has been the problem with the games you have been losing to NiP?
– I don’t know really. When we were beaten by NiP here in Katowice the last year we collapsed and our T-side was really bad. But prior to this tournament we have been specifically working on the terrorist side of our game. I hope we can beat them this time around and hopefully we won’t choke this time.
Have you been able to study them with Aleksi ”allu” Jalli in the team?
– Yeah, we have had several practices with them, so I guess we kind of know what is coming. But we will talk everything through, Xyp9x tells Aftonbladet Esport and continues:
– In short, we are prepared to face them.
How’s everything working out with TSM?
– It’s been going great. They are really supportive, and when we wanted to set up a bootcamp and they made it happen.