As the LCS summer split finale came to an end, Origen had almost pulled one of the bigger upsets of the year.In front of thousands of Swedish fans, Fnatic – spearheaded by Martin ”Rekkles” Larsson, prevailed.But the confidence in Origen is something that might propel them into Worlds as the deciding matches are on the horizon.
– Our chances are really good. We will give whoever we face a run for their money. I feel confident, the Origen AD Carry Jesper ”Niels” Svenningsen tells Aftonbladet Esport shortly after the defeat in Stockholm.
Origen climbed through the Challenger series into the LCS and instantly became a force to be reckoned with. As the summer split played out, Enrique ”xPeke” Cedeño Martínez and his crew impressed the masses and by the end of it all, Origen played an astounding finale against the powerhouse Fnatic.
As most League of Legends fans know by now, Origen went on to lose the dramatic match. Though a bit disappointed, Jesper ”Niels” Svenningsen still had high hopes of reaching Worlds. But first the team has to beat either Team ROCCAT or Giants Gaming.
– I think ROCCAT will win but it doesn’t matter who we face. We have a good chance against both of them and we are continually improving as a team really fast, the AD Carry on Origen tells Aftonbladet Esport after the summer split finale in Stockholm.
– I’m really confident in my team right now. But as with the final against Fnatic, I can’t say that we will win this. I’ll just play, and if we win – it’s nice.
”Roccat will be a bigger challenge than Uol”
With the win over Origen, Fnatic is now Europe’s first seed for Worlds, while Niels’s team will have to play in the regional qualifiers for the region’s third seed. If they manage to beat either Giants Gaming or ROCCAT, Origen will only need to beat Unicorns of Love for a spot at Worlds.
While Niels feels it’s a big disadvantage to not get the first spot, he is still confident in the team’s ability going in to the regional qualifier.
– Getting first seed would have been really nice, as you would avoid first seed teams from other regions, he says, and continues by addressing their chances in the regional qualifiers.
– We’re 2-0 against Giants and 0-2 vs ROCCAT, and I think ROCCAT will win. But we are still confident versus them. We also have confidence versus Unicorns of Love, I don’t think they are that strong. ROCCAT will be a bigger challenge than UoL, but overall our chances of going to worlds are good, Niels says.