Chipshajen from Team EnvyUs: ”I believe Blizzard will pump in tons of money and somehow make this game huge”av
Blizzards most recent project, Overwatch, is looming on the horizon.
However, there are already some who have practice hard and earned a place among the elite. Two of them are the Swedish Team EnvyUs duo, Sebastian ”chipshajen” Widlund and Christian ”cocco” Jonsson.
– It’s always been a dream to make a living playing games, Chipshajen tells Aftonbladet Esport.
The release of Overwatch is just around the corner. Today, Tuesday, Blizzards giant project enters Open Beta for those who have pre-ordered. On Thursday everyone get to lay their hands on the new FPS title.
Still, there are a lucky few who have already practiced in the closed beta. An active and competitive scene have already been established and among the players who aspire to become professional we find the Swedish duo Sebastian ”chipshajen” Widlund and Christian ”cocco” Jonsson.
Together they make out two of the six players in Team EnvyUs’s Overwatch divison. The squad have already been highly noticeable within the community, cementing their position as one of the world’s top teams. A while back, they were probably even the best – winning 55 matches in a row.
Now a new era of esports awaits, an era in which Blizzard for the first time truly enter the FPS market and start competing with famous titles such as Counter-Strike, Team Fortress and Quake. Chipshajen and Cocco are excited.
– I’ve always liked FPS and played it so much, Chipshajen tells Aftonbladet Esport.
The Swede have previously competed on a high level in Bloodline Champions, with people such as the current League of Legends star Alfonso ”Mithy” Aguirre Rodriguez. Chipshajen continues:
– It’s always been a dream to make a living playing games, and this turned out to be a great option.
As of now, Overwatch seem to have a bright future ahead. Yet, it’s still hard to predict where it’s all going to land. According to the Swedish duo, building a strong community will be extremely important.
– There are plans to make this huge, but it completely depends on how popular the game becomes, Cocco says.
– We need to bring in lots of players. I believe Blizzard will pump in tons of money and somehow make this game enormous.
The dreams of traveling around the world to compete in giant tournament sparks memories from the majors in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Dota2. First, however, hard training lies ahead.
The six team mates found each other through public matches during the beta. The German player Dennis ”INTERNETHULK” Hawelka took initiative and put the squad together. Now they’ve made it all the way to the top and landed under Team EnvyUs’s banner.
– It feels incredible to play in EnvyUs. It’s very cool considering it’s such a big name, and yeah, it just feels great, Chipshajen says and continues:
– We’ve spoken a lot with Mike ”Hastr0” Rufail and he seems like a great dude. They’re all really nice and have good plans. We hope they’ll take care of us. They say good things and have amazing plans for the future.